Monday, November 19, 2007

On the way back to Bombay… I wondered “why do I travel so much???” considering that I have been out of the city at least once every month (except for the past few months).
Every time I stepped out it was not for a vacation or for the excitement of going to a new place. It has always been more of a necessity for me to move out for a while. To keep me level headed and to regain my sanity from this hectic life… A life in a city like Bombay, that we think ‘LIVE’ in but in reality where people only ‘EXIST’. I have always needed a break every now and then from this madrush to enjoy and feel the smaller things which is the bliss of a small city.

This time, I was going back to my home town almost after a year, wondering what all changes that I might find. Every time it’s like a home coming, a place where I feel I belong to…the culture, the people which never cease to fascinate and disappoint me.
A life so different from the one I live here. I have quite a few virgin experiences of this place like the feel of the soft, soothing, velvety sand in winter, a camel ride, the warmth of staying in an extended family, the carefree healthy living.
Some of the few reasons above have only given me a reason to come back to this place again and shall continue to do so.
Though I do not like to stay in this place for long because of the deep bonding that I have had with b'bay. I have always wondered if ever I’ll be able to leave b’bay - a place so addictive…. But… on this trip I have gained confidence that one day sooner or later for good or bad I shall live in this place forever… to lead a humble life.

No comments: